Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Are You Physically Ready?

Reading the forums this time of year may be slow if you're looking for fresh grip n grin photos. But one thing that seems to be highly discussed in the off-season is training and conditioning. Guys like Cam Hanes and a few others have really laid down the law the past few years with regards to training for the mountains. With more and more guys learning to go deeper and longer on their hunts, it is apparent that in being physically prepared is becoming an extremely important factor for success.

I've been training on my road bike for a while now, and recently started hitting the gym at school religiously. I've tweaked my diet a bit, eating way more protein and fewer carbs. I'm feeling pretty good, yet still have my physical goals set much higher than where I'm at right now.

I think I'm going to start writing on here a bit more about my training and what works and doesn't with regards to nutrition, supplements, and workouts. Stay tuned if you care to listen.

(After a month of adding the gym to my road biking)

(3 weeks ago... 100 miles at the Sea Otter Classic)


No comments:

Post a Comment